Malaysia Government Scholarship for International Students
The Malaysia Government Scholarship is a government initiative to draw top students from around the world to Malaysia to pursue postgraduate education.
Through the recruitment, inspiration, and retention of brilliant foreign human capital, Malaysia hopes to become one of the world’s centers of intellectual achievement.
International graduates who are interested in furthering their education in renowned universities and higher education institutions in Malaysia with the chance to experience Malaysian hospitality and a top-notch higher education experience are welcome to apply for this scholarship.
Table of Contents
Education Malaysia Global Services (EMGS), a Company Limited by Guarantee (“CLBG”) operating under the authority of the Malaysian Ministry of Higher Education, was founded on April 13, 2012. The EMGS division is in charge of positioning Malaysia as a Top 10 destination for higher education and as the preferred international education hub.
It is also the main organization in charge of coordinating visa procedures and overseeing the movement of foreign students throughout Malaysia.
Level/Field of Study
The Malaysia Government Scholarship is a Malaysian government-sponsored scholarship open to international students that are interested in studying at any level in any of the prestigious universities in Malaysia.
There are no restrictions as to eligible nationality for the Malaysia Government Scholarship. If you meet the required criteria, then you are welcome to apply.
Required Criteria for Malaysia Government Scholarship
Applicants for the Malaysian Technical Cooperation Program (MTCP) Scholarship must COMPLY with the following requirements:
- At the time of application, applicants could not be older than 45.
- For the Master’s Degree Program, candidates must earn at least a Second Class Upper (Honors) or an undergraduate degree with a minimum CGPA of 3.0.
- English language proficiency certification:
- a scanned copy of the original proof of English language proficiency, such as an IELTS exam (minimum total score of 6.0), a TOEFL test taken online or on paper with a score of 500, or both.
- Candidates with degrees in which English was the primary language of teaching may also be admitted (proof is required).
- has a doctor’s or physician’s certificate attesting to their excellent health. The applicant is solely responsible for the expense of the medical examination.
- Scholars must enroll in postgraduate studies full-time at the chosen higher education institutions (please refer to the list of universities).
- Only candidates who have obtained offer letters from Malaysian universities but haven’t yet begun their studies, or those who have registered for no more than one semester of a Master’s degree program, are eligible to apply.
Payment Method: Through their personal savings accounts, participants will receive allowances and other incentives from the Scholarship Division, Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia. It is suggested that students open an account with Bank Islam Malaysia Berhad.
The Malaysia Government Scholarship covers the following:
- Book Allowance
- Cost of Living Allowance
- End of Study Allowance
- Family Assistance Allowance
- House Rental Allowance
- Medical Claims
- Placement Allowance
- Practical Training Allowance
- Thesis Allowance
- Travel Allowance
- Tools Allowance
- Tuition Fees
- Visa Fee
When evaluating applications, the following selection criteria will be considered:-
- outstanding academic achievement
- the quality of the research project and its potential to increase both technology and welfare for humans.
- Excellent speaking, writing, and reading skills in English
Deadline for the Malaysia Government Scholarship
The deadline for the Malaysia Government Scholarship is May [year].
How to Apply
Click on the link below to commence your application for the Malaysia Government Scholarship
About Education Malaysia Global Services (EMGS)
The Malaysian government developed Education Malaysia Global Services (EMGS), a one-stop facility, to oversee and streamline the application process for international student visas. International students, Malaysian higher education institutions, and pertinent governmental organizations are all connected through EMGS.
EMGS offers services that include processing student visa requests, endorsing student passes, and keeping an eye on the welfare of foreign students studying in Malaysia. They make ensuring that immigration laws are followed, aid in integrating foreign students into Malaysian society, and market Malaysia as a top choice for international students.
By offering quick and easy procedures, safeguarding the security and well-being of international students studying in Malaysia, and assisting them in their academic endeavors, EMGS seeks to improve their overall experience while there.
Please feel free to ask if you need any specific information or support with Education Malaysia Global Services (EMGS).