APPLY || Young Female Africans CyberGirls Fellowship 2022
Do not miss out of the currently ongoing Young Female Africans CyberGirls Fellowship 2022
The CyberGirls Fellowship 2022 is now accepting applications. CyberGirls is a one-year fellowship that provides girls with in-demand cybersecurity skills, allowing them to take advantage of job possibilities in Africa and around the world.
This effort attempts to address poverty in the tech industry, as well as cybercrime, cybersecurity skills shortages, unemployment, and gender disparities (particularly cybersecurity niche).
During the one-year fellowship, CyberGirls recipients will be exposed to computing and cybersecurity fundamentals, career paths in cybersecurity, and will be guided through an appropriate learning path to gain hands-on skills, mentorship, certification readiness, paid internship/job shadowing opportunities, and, if old enough, secure entry-level job placement.
Also Checked: APPLY ll R350 SASSA GRANT 2022 ONLINE Application
The learning journey has been designed to begin with digital literacy and systematic progress from basic cybersecurity concepts to more specialised niche cybersecurity learning. Midway through the fellowship, beneficiaries will choose and focus on one of the following tracks/career paths.
- Threat Intelligence: Learn to use data generated by networks, applications, and other IT infrastructure to assess and improve organizations security posture.
- Cloud Security: Learn and apply basic network security techniques in the cloud environment, assess levels of risk and recent vulnerabilities that apply to cloud services.
- Penetration/Vulnerability Testing: Learn the basics of penetration/vulnerability testing. Using software and command line tools for scanning, reckoning and exploitation.
- Incident Analysis/Response (SOC Analyst Level 1): Covers various incident analysis tools and techniques that support vulnerability analysis , intrusion detection, attack protection, and network/resources repair
- IT Security Audit: This covers the fundamental knowledge of Security auditing. What IT Security Audit is, It’s importance and how it can be conducted.
- The CyberGirls Fellowship Program is absolutely free, at zero cost to the beneficiaries.
- Open to girls and women aged 18 – 28 years old;
- Interested in starting a career in cybersecurity;
- Willing to commit 7 months to the fellowship;
- Undergraduates and graduates;
- This training is only available to participants in Nigeria, Ghana, South Africa, Kenya, Rwanda, Zambia and Egypt.
For participants in Nigeria and Ghana, both virtual and physical learning options are available. For beneficiaries in other listed countries, only virtual learning is available. The training holds on weekdays (Mondays to Fridays) from 10:00 to 14:00 (WAT) with the exception of National Holidays in Nigeria.