[Apply] || Women in Tech (WiT) Investment Prize 2022 (up to $100k)[Apply] || Women in Tech (WiT) Investment Prize 2022 (up to $100k)
Do not miss out on the currently ongoing Women in Tech (WiT) Investment Prize 2022 (up to $100k)
Applications for the Women in Technology (WiT) Investment Prize 2022 are currently being accepted. The Firehood is putting together an incredible team of angel investors who will invest $100,000 in one female-led business. This means that one female founder will go away from Startupfest with a substantial investment and access to an extraordinary network of investors.
This incentive is in addition to the Startup Fest $100k Best of the Fest Investment Prize and is available to any female-led startup in attendance. That means that if a female founder wins both investment prizes, she might win $200,000.
Women in Tech How to Pitch
Your goal over the first two days is to get at least one of the judges to shortlist your Startup:
- They have set aside time on the stage on Wednesday and Thursday afternoons for open pitch rounds. You’ll have 1 minute to pitch and up to 2 minutes for follow-up questions if the judges have any.
- Judges will also be roaming the Tent Village, which is another way to get their attention! So get on stage, visit the Village, and bring your best hustle by connecting with as many judges as possible—after all, it just takes one judge for you to make the shortlist.
- The judges are wearing an Investor Judge badge and a green lanyard to make them easy to identify and pitch everywhere onsite. You probably want to avoid bathroom pitches, but everywhere else is fair game!
Women in Tech Eligibility
- Open to any female-led startup in attendance. For the purposes of this prize, they define a female-led startup as a startup with the most senior member of the executive team identifying as female.
- Startupfest attracts investors from across the country and around the world, many of them only speak English. Your knowledge of English is very important.
Women in Tech Application
There’s no application process, no form to fill out, and no video to prepare. You just need to register, get onsite, and be ready to wow the Women in Tech investor judges with a superb pitch that makes the cut.
Startups have until the end of day on Thursday, July 14—the second day of Startupfest—to deliver their pitch. They can do so in the language of their choice, but please be aware that since Startupfest attracts investors from across the country and around the world, many of them only speak English.
For more information, visit Women in Tech.