[Apply] || University of Toronto EPIC-AT Fellowship Program 2022 For International Students[Apply] || University of Toronto EPIC-AT Fellowship Program 2022 For International Students
Do not miss out on the currently ongoing University of Toronto EPIC-AT Fellowship Program 2022 For International Students
The Early Professional Inspired Careers in AgeTech Fellowship Program at the University of Toronto has issued a call for applications for the 2022 EPIC-AT Fellowship Program (EPIC-AT). The Fellowships are designed to enable talented young researchers to fully participate in a one-year intensive training program. The program’s purpose is to educate students new cross-disciplinary skills and extend their horizons.
EPIC-AT is a new training platform that will prepare the next generation of experts in digital health solutions for seniors with complex health requirements. You can use the EPIC-AT curriculum to prepare for a job in higher education, business, government, or non-profit.
Researchers from 11 universities and research hospitals across six Canadian provinces are leading the Early Professionals, Inspired Careers in AgeTech (EPIC-AT) Health Research Training Platform, which is powered by AGE-WELL, Canada’s technology and aging network. The University of Toronto hosts EPIC-AT (U of T).
You will learn how to design digital solutions that allow older Canadians with complex health needs to age safely, independently, and with dignity in the environment of their choice through this program. The training and mentorship program is expected to need 50-60 hours of work over the course of a year.
Scholarship provider: AGE-WELL University of Toronto
Degree Category: Post-graduates Studies
Eligible Country: International
Application Closing Date: 13th June 2022
These fellowships are an opportunity for trainees and early career researchers to:
- EPIC-AT Students and Early Career Researchers can expect to receive a stipend of at least $8000 from a fellowship
- Gain in-depth, specialized expertise in developing, implementing and evaluating digital health solutions for seniors with complex health needs
- Access to multi-sectoral mentors and sponsors
- Participate in value-added professional development training, internship and lab exchange opportunities
- Network with a community of AgeTech researchers and professionals
- Receive support to identify and attain career goals
- Domestic and international graduate students or postdoctoral fellows must participate full-time in their respective program at a Canadian post-secondary institution or research institute.
- Early career researcher applicants must be within the first 5 years (60 months) of a full-time academic appointment at a Canadian post-secondary institution or research institute.
- All applicants must be engaged in academic study/research aligned with the mission and vision of EPIC-AT and willing to participate fully in the training platform program.
- Applicants may not hold an AGE-WELL Annual Graduate and Postdoctoral Award concurrently with an EPIC-AT Fellowship.
- 1. The application is comprised of an online application form and supporting documents detailed below. Late or incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Please note that this includes letters of reference.
- Applicants are strongly recommended to complete the EPIC-AT Fellowship Application (in either English or French) using preferred word processing software. The online application portal will open on 23 May, 2022.
- Once you are ready to submit your application online, if you have not already done so, you must register with the AGE-WELL Forum Research Portal at https://forum.agewell-nce.ca/index.php/Special:HQPReg (the form will ask for your name and email). After you submit the registration form, the system will create an account and send your email). After you submit the registration form, the system will create an account and send your credentials to the email address you provided. Once you login, you will have to reset your temporary password.
- The “My Applications” link is in the top right of the page you will reach after resetting your password. Please select “EPIC-AT Award 2022.” Copy your application material and upload supporting documents to the AGE-WELL Forum Research Portal website by 5pm ET on 13 June, 2022.
- Letters of support must be sent directly to [email protected]
- Notice of Admissions will be received by August, 2022. The expected start date of the fellowship is 1 September, 2022
- For more details, visit the official announcement page. Vlick the ‘Apply Now’ button to apply.