APPLY || Twitter EMEA Public Policy Fellowship 2022
Do not miss out of the currently ongoing Twitter EMEA Public Policy Fellowship 2022
Deadline: February 16, 2022
The Twitter EMEA Public Policy Fellowship 2022 is now accepting applications. The Public Policy Fellowship is a nine-month program designed to help young professionals prepare for careers in policy at Twitter.
It allows you to learn about, contribute to, and impact Twitter’s approach to global public policy challenges and opportunities. Fellows will acquire hands-on experience by assisting with relevant projects during their time with the program. They will also benefit from programming, coaching, and education aimed at advancing their careers.
Governing Fellows will be assigned to one of the team’s three pillars to assist. The fellows will be placed based on their abilities and interests, as well as the business needs. Stakeholders will be a part of all fellows’ work. During the nine-month fellowship, you may have the opportunity to work in all three areas:
Public Policy Fellows will have the opportunity to support one of the team’s three pillars. Placements will be based on business need as well as the fellows’ skills and interests. All fellows can expect to work with stakeholders. Additionally, there may be opportunities to work across all three areas during the nine-month fellowship:
- @Policy Fellows will advance objectives related to government engagement, elections, and platform policies.
- @Gov Fellows will perform work related to Twitter civic engagement and partnerships.
- @TwitterForGood Fellows will support our social impact work at the team and company levels.
- Fellows must be current graduate students or recent graduates affiliated with a university within the last two years studying an area relevant to Twitter’s policy objectives. Examples include, but are not limited to: Public Policy, Policy Administration, Foreign Policy, International Affairs, Communications, Non-Profit Management, Corporate Social Responsibility, and Law
- Availability and capacity to work full-time in a globally distributed, virtual environment
- Fluency in English required (both written and verbal)
- General knowledge of and interest in policy, politics, and regulation important to Twitter and the tech sector
- Proven analytical, writing, research, and communication skills
- Sound judgment, integrity, and attention to detail
- Curiosity about Twitter and its role in the social and political landscape and ideally, proficiency on the platform
A few things that they value:
- Exercising empathy, including respect for work/life balance and boundaries.
- Earning and maintaining trust with each other, as well as key partners.
- Critical thinking and planning, allowing for effective collaboration and measurable impact.
- Confidence and courage to drive toward solutions that are in Twitter’s best interest.
- Diversity to make their organization and teams better and stronger – they value a diverse set of backgrounds, ideas, and experiences!
Applicants must submit 1-2 paragraphs (in English) on their resume describing their interest in this Fellowship Program and pillar preference (@Policy, @Gov, @TwitterForGood) in rank order.
For more information, visit Twitter.