APPLY || Teach for Nigeria Fellowship Program 2022 (Available Stipend )
Do not miss out of the currently ongoing Singapore International Foundation’s Young Social Entrepreneurs Global Programme
Deadline: April 11, 2022
The Teach for Nigeria Fellowship Program 2022 is now accepting applications. Teach For Nigeria is a two-year full-time paid fellowship program that places outstanding graduates and professionals to teach in Nigeria’s under-served schools in low-income regions.
Teach For Nigeria is a transformative leadership program that trains Fellows with transferrable leadership abilities to influence change in the communities they serve outside of the classroom.
The two-year commitment is required to have the desired impact on student progress. Fellows polish their teaching skills and build respect and trust among many stakeholders within the school community and among students during their first year. Fellows are able to generate considerable academic advances for students as a result of this. Fellows continue to work on their community projects in the second year to increase their influence. Throughout the two years, you will work to transform yourself as a student, as a leader, and as a member of your school and community.
The Teach For Nigeria Fellowship is a paid Fellowship.
As a Teach For Nigeria Fellow, you are a part of a movement of young leaders working to eliminate educational inequity. In addition, these are some benefits of being a Fellow:
- Opportunity to be part of a movement that is changing lives and that will change society
- Extensive leadership development training
- Intensive teacher training
- Real responsibility from day one
- Opportunity to be a part of a global network of change agents from across 60 countries
- Access to a Mentoring Program, offering a unique opportunity to achieve professional and personal development
- Access to professional development, coaching, business trainings, skill workshops and network of supporters
- Opportunity to participate in a sponsored professional diploma in education program
- Opportunity to design and implement a social change project
- A stipend for two years including during the school holidays
- Open to outstanding graduates and professionals in Nigeria;
- If you already possess an Education Qualification to teach in public schools, you are eligible to apply for the Fellowship.
- You do not need any teaching experience. Many of the Fellows come from academic backgrounds outside of Education without any prior teaching experience. During their training programs, they empower you with the necessary knowledge and skills to do well in the classroom.
The Teach For Nigeria Fellowship is a highly competitive program that attracts applications from intending Fellows from different disciplines, institutions and backgrounds. Through the 3-staged process, they select the candidates with the highest potential to make a difference during and after the Fellowship.
- Stage 1: The Application form: Your application will help them understand your experiences, your motivation to join the Teach For Nigeria fellowship and why you would be a strong fit for the Fellowship.
- Stage 2: Online Test: If they find you a good fit for the fellowship through your application, you will proceed to the next phase and an invitation link will be sent to you to take an online test.
- Stage 3: Assessment Center: If successful in your online test, they will invite you to the Assessment Centre, which is the final stage of the selection process. Here, you will be required to conduct a 5-minute micro-teaching, take part in a critical thinking test, a group activity, and one-on-interview with their assessors.