[Apply] || She Code Africa Mentoring Program for African Tech Women 2022[Apply] || She Code Africa Mentoring Program for African Tech Women 2022
Do not miss out on the currently ongoing She Code Africa Mentoring Program for African Tech Women 2022
SCAMP (She Code Africa Mentoring Program) is a program that pairs experienced persons who excel in their respective tech sectors with girls and women who identify as beginners or intermediates in tech and need a guide and learning route to assist them progress in required ways in their career fields.
Requirements for She Code Africa Mentoring Program 2022
The following category of applicants can apply:
- BEGINNER: Software Engineering Web development (Front end / Back end), Software testing/Quality assurance, Cybersecurity, Product: Product Design, Data : Data science
- INTERMEDIATE: Software Engineering; Web development (Front end / Back end), Mobile development, Cross platform development, Product: Product Design , Product Management, Data: Data science
Eligibility Criteria: She Code Africa Mentoring Program 2022
Eligible participants must:
- Be an active member of the She Code Africa Community (sign up here: shecodeafrica.org)
2. Have made some learning progress in their specified field
3. Show proof of already made conscious learning efforts in their specified fields
4. Possess a working Laptop
5. Be willing to commit at least an hour a day to mentee activities
What is the Benefit of the Scholarship?
Get to work with dedicated mentors and a detailed learning curriculum for 3 months virtually on any of these tracks; Software Engineering, Product, or Data.
How to Apply for a Scholarship?
- Step 1: Indicate interest by confirming eligibility and applying
- Step 2: Scale the application process and get an acceptance/rejection mail
- Step 3: Upon being accepted, the pairing list would be shared on the private channel for the program on our slack community (you would be added automatically to this )
- Step 4: Connect with your assigned mentor and teammates
- Step 5: Work with your assigned mentor’s approved learning path in your field for the next 3 months
- Step 6: Participate in monthly assessments of your mentor and the mentoring program
- Step 7: To complete the SCA mentoring program, you must carry out Item 1 and any of Item 2:
- Publish/Push a related project worked on during your mentee program.
- Publish a technical article / Public speaking on a technical talk
- Step 8: Best performing mentee gets awarded a choice course off our preferred learning platform and placed on Junior mentor roles in SCA
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the 2022 She Code Africa Mentoring Program