APPLY || LATEST Standard Chartered Women in Technology Incubator Kenya (Cohort 5, 2022/23)
Do not miss out of the currently ongoing LATEST Standard Chartered Women in Technology Incubator Kenya (Cohort 5, 2022/23)
Applications for the Standard Chartered Women in Technology Incubator Kenya 2022 are now being accepted. Kenya’s Standard Chartered Women in Technology Incubator (SCWIT) is Africa’s leading incubator program for female-founded businesses, and it is aligned with calls for greater diversity in technology and entrepreneurship, as well as increased opportunities for women to develop entrepreneurial and leadership excellence.
High-potential startups tackling the continent’s most pressing challenges will benefit from the program’s combination of world-class startup support with local and international experience. The program will provide a holistic startup incubation program that will include immersive learning, mentorship and coaching, seed financing, and business-to-business linkages.
Companies solving for any of the 17 SDGs with operations within, but not limited to the following sectors are eligible to apply for the program;
- Information Technology
- Financial Services
- 12 weeks of an immersive learning experience
- Access to a leading network of coaching experts
- Access to B2B networking opportunities
- Personalized mentorship sessions to address your unique business needs
- Opportunity to join a supportive Women in Tech Alumni Network
- KES 1,000,000 equity-free grant seed funding for the top five finalists
- 9 months ongoing support from Standard Chartered and @iBizAfrica to assist with the go-to market and scale for the top five finalists
- The business must be based in Kenya i.e. be aligned with the needs of Kenyans and operating in Kenya;
- The company must be a tech-enabled and/or leveraging on emerging technologies, including but not limited to; Internet of Things (IoT); Artificial Intelligence; Robotics; Augmented & Virtual Reality; 3D & 4D Printing; Cloud Computing; Big Data; Blockchain; Drone Technology and Biometrics;
- The company must be founded or cofounded by a woman with an equal or majority stake;
- The founder or co founder must be over 18 years old and Kenyan;
- Business models must have a clear focus on sustainability and alignment to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs);
- 3 months to less than 2 years of operations;
- Seeking support for proof of concept, customer, product and business model development;
- Pre-revenue with early traction (users);
- Post revenue is an added advantage, with the creation of a new business module.
For more information, visit Women in Technology Incubator.