APPLY || LATEST National Screen Institute CBC New Indigenous Voices Program (2022/23)
Do not miss out of the currently ongoing LATEST National Screen Institute CBC New Indigenous Voices Program (2022/23)
Deadline: April 8, 2022
Are you a young indigenous creator between the ages of 18 and 35 who is interested in pursuing a career in film, television, or digital media? Fill out an application for the CBC New Indigenous Voices Program 2022 right now.
Indigenous Voices is a 14-week online training program offered by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) for up to ten Indigenous producers interested in learning the fundamentals of working in the film, television, and digital media sectors. During the course of the program, participants will complete an online podcast project as well as a six-week internship placement. Traditional and spiritual aspects are incorporated into the curriculum design.
The program has three phases, beginning in May and running until August.
- In phase one, participants attend approximately 10 online sessions Monday to Friday, featuring interactive group discussions, presentations and workshops. All sessions are mandatory.
- In phase two, participants work with mentors to produce and edit their own short podcast episode. Once complete, participants will begin an internship placement. Previous internship placements include Eagle Vision, CBC Manitoba, Kejic Productions, Winnipeg Film Group, Native Communications Society of the Northwest Territories as well as working on film sets.
In this program, you will:
- Hear from national industry experts and professional organizations about career opportunities within the industry
- Learn about funding and development for creative projects
- Learn the essential elements of filmmaking
- Produce a creative project in the form of a short podcast
- Experience what it’s like to work in the industry during a full-time internship
- Complete two writing assignments for the National Screen Institute website
- Receive minimum wage (Manitoba rate) throughout the entire program
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- Be First Nations, Inuit or Métis aged 18 to 35
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident living in Canada
- Have some industry experience and/or work experience in a related field. This can include working for a school/college or local newspaper and/or radio station, acting in a school/college or community theatre production, making a short film or other audio-visual project at school/college or in your own time and/or post-secondary education
- Agree not to participate in another initiative, or have inflexible commitments, that would prevent you from fully engaging in this program
For more information, visit CBC New Indigenous Voices.