APPLY || LATEST ClimateTracker/Solutions Journalism Network Solutions Reporting Grant (2022/23)
Do not miss out of the currently ongoing LATEST ClimateTracker/Solutions Journalism Network Solutions Reporting Grant (2022/23)
Deadline: March 25, 2022
There is still time to apply for the ClimateTracker/Solutions Journalism Network Solutions Reporting Grant 2022. Apply here. They are excited to open this call for applications for a Solutions Reporting Grant in collaboration with the Solutions Journalism Network and in support of Mavic Conde, a Climate Tracking alumnus and current 2022 LEDE Fellow. The focus of the grant will be on stories about agriculture and farmer-led sustainable agricultural practices, food systems, and land rights.
That they are not only looking for print journalists is particularly advantageous. If you want to make a photo essay, a mini-documentary, a radio/podcast script, or anything else, this is the course for you, hands down.
Grantees will receive the following:
- USD $250 stipend.
- Climate reporting training from Climate Tracker.
- A lecture on Solutions Journalism 101 with Portia Ladrido, co-founder of Inkline, a UK-based solutions-oriented news site
- Reference materials about Solutions Journalism: Its four pillars and actual (agriculture/food systems/climate) story samples
- Online consultations throughout the story production process with Mavic Conde, who is currently one of the 2022 LEDE Fellows at the Solutions Journalism Network
They are particularly looking for agriculture and environment reporters who want to produce a climate solution story about community-based food systems and have previously produced at least two relevant stories.
- The grant is open to reporters from across the Asia region;
- Reporters from Sri Lanka, India, and China are especially encouraged to apply;
- 2-3 years reporting experience;
- Published stories about: agriculture, crop diversity, petrochemical impacts on the environment, socio-economic outcomes of the global food systems, alternative approaches like agroecology, or circular economy;
- Interested in climate reporting;
- Want to learn about solutions journalism and put it into practice.
Expected Output/commitments from Grantees
- To produce vetted climate solutions stories by June 2022 after participating in the training sessions for climate reporting and solutions journalism.
- To participate in one of the webinar series in the second part of this project, which will be held in July-December.
The application is really simple, but they encourage you to pay attention to the details and make your pitch as holistic as possible. The deadline for submission is on March 25.
For more information, visit Solutions Reporting Grant.