APPLY || LATEST British Council scholarship Programme for women in STEM (2022/23)
Do not miss out of the currently ongoing LATEST British Council scholarship Programme for women in STEM (2022/23)
Application Deadline:10 April 2022.
The British Council, in collaboration with 26 UK universities, has created a scholarship program for women from the Americas, South Asia, South East Asia, Egypt, Turkey, and Ukraine for the second year in a row. The British Council is looking for women with a STEM background who can demonstrate a financial need and want to inspire future generations of women to pursue STEM careers.
This scholarship initiative aims to expand STEM opportunities for women and girls. According to the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), women make up less than 30% of researchers globally, and only 30% of female students choose STEM-related professions in higher education.
Enrolment of female students in ICT (three percent), natural science, mathematics, and statistics (five percent), and engineering, manufacturing, and construction (five percent) is relatively low globally (eight percent).
Applicants can apply from the following countries
|For both Master’s Scholarships and Early Academic Fellowships||Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam|
|For Masters Scholarships only||Brazil, Egypt, Mexico, Peru, Turkey, Ukraine|
- are able to take up a course of study in the UK for the academic year from September/October 2022 – 2023
- can demonstrate a need for financial support
- have an undergraduate degree that will enable them to gain access onto one of the pre-selected postgraduate courses at a UK university
- can attain the level of English required for postgraduate study/research at a UK university
- are active in the field with work experience or a proven interest in their subject area
- are passionate about their course of study and are willing to engage as committed British Council scholarship alumni
- academic prestige – the UK’s universities are amongst the world’s leaders in STEM subjects
- economic support will include tuition fees, stipend, travel costs, visa and health coverage fees
- special support for mothers
- English language support
How to apply
Applications should be made directly to the participating universities. Please follow the links below (information will be updated as the application process in each participating university becomes live).
Application deadlines vary between courses but range from 28 February to 10 April 2022. Please check the deadline carefully with the university you plan to apply to, in order to avoid disappointment.
For More Information: