APPLY || GWEC Women in Wind Global Leadership Program 2022
Do not miss out of the currently ongoing GWEC Women in Wind Global Leadership Program 2022
The GWEC Women in Wind Global Leadership Program 2022 is now accepting applications. The initiative aims to help women advance their careers in the wind business by providing mentorship, knowledge sharing, and empowerment, as well as fostering a global network of mentorship, information sharing, and empowerment.
In 2019, the Global Wind Energy Council (GWEC) teamed with the Global Women’s Network for the Energy Transition (GWNET) to develop the Women in Wind Global Leadership Program in order to improve the role of women as change agents in society and promote best practices within the wind industry.
The following are included in the program:
- A mentorship program with monthly virtual meetings.
- A specially designed learning and development program, with knowledge transfer webinars and skill-building elements for leadership, communication, presentation and industry visibility.
- A week-long study tour in Europe, including an industry conference, visits and meetings at key institutions, facilities and company headquarters relevant to the wind sector, as well as high-level seminars and workshops (pending feasibility in 2022).
- Network-building opportunities at major international energy events.
- An achievement ceremony for program completion.
- Applicants must be citizens or residents of the following emerging markets for wind power: Algeria, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Egypt, Ethiopia, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Mexico, Morocco, Philippines, Russia, Senegal, South Africa, Thailand, Turkey and Vietnam.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field;
- 4+ years of professional experience in the wind energy industry;
- A track record of leadership and achievement in professional career or otherwise; and
- Professional working proficiency in English (written and spoken).
Applications will be accepted until 20 February 2022, 23:59 CET. They will be contacting the successful applicants by early March 2022.
For more information, visit GWEC.