APPLY || Climate Tracker Climate Change Media Mentorship Program 2022
Do not miss out of the currently ongoing Climate Tracker Climate Change Media Mentorship Program 2022
Deadline: February 18, 2022
The Climate Tracker Climate Change Media Mentorship Program 2022 is now accepting applications. This is a fascinating and all-encompassing fellowship. When you apply, you’ll be considered for a spot in a new cohort of six young journalists eager to learn about and report on climate change.
This varied squad will cover the climate catastrophe from the frontlines between March and July 2022, providing exclusive stories for Climate Tracker. But the good times don’t have to end there. Each storyteller will be mentored by the experienced team throughout the fellowship time, as they work alongside them to improve their expertise of climate change reporting.
They will push each colleague to try new media tactics, formats, and platforms in order to communicate their tales. Fellows will also get the opportunity to network with and interact with other foreign journalists.
- As a selected participant, you will be challenged and supported to publish stories (individually and collaboratively), produce newsletters, engage in podcast production, and participate in social media content creation on Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok!
- Your stories will be shared and promoted throughout ClimateTracker’s channels and networks. Their aim is to make you famous for the awesome climate messages you produce. Exciting, right?!
- A great chance to sharpen your new media skills to amplify your journalism and boost your marketability.
Ideal candidates will:
- Be 18-35 years old;
- Have 1 year of journalism experience minimum;
- Have a hunger to improve as journalists – this is a learning experience;
- Have a proven history of writing quality climate stories.
This fellowship only rolls around every 6 months, so this is your chance to seize this awesome opportunity.
Selected fellows will have to participate in group calls every two weeks, where they will receive learning sessions from the Climate Tracker team. They must also engage in individual calls when needed. Additionally, their fellows will have to work on Climate Tracker’s expected products and multimedia contributions.
Here’s a taste of what the Climate Tracker group will be jumping straight into:
- 1 short news story (2 sources, 500-700 words, 1 photo)
- 2 feature stories (at least 3 sources, 1K-1.2K words, 3 photos)
- 1 collaborative story (more than 5 direct sources, at least 1 infographic, 5 photos, more than 2K words)
- Depending on the selection, you might move on to do a collaborative story or a long form individual story
- Newsletter adaptations of your stories / Podcast contributions about your stories / Instagram Live interviews
Not only is this a great opportunity to build your network around the world and engage with journalists beyond your country/region, it’s a fantastic chance to gain hands-on experience.
The deadline for application is Friday, 18 February, 2022. They are reviewing applications as you read this, so make haste and apply TODAY!
For more information, visit Climate Change Media Mentorship.