It just feels like a day where I would like to save some money for me and for you. If you have some money saving ideas, share them with me in the comments sections.
1. Pack your lunch: This is a no brainier. if you want to save some easy money today. Pack your lunch today. If you eat out regularly then think about changing your habit. This will not only save you money, but you can also bring in a healthier meal than you probably eat from outside.
2. Make your coffee: I love to have a coffee or tea ( I enjoy both drinks) in the morning and also enjoy getting one from Starbucks or a local coffee shop. But if you have the urge to save today, why not skip all coffee shops and make your morning coffee at home or at work. If you have more than one cup a day, there will be more opportunities to save today.
3. Commute to work: If you live withing 30 minutes walking distance from work, give it a try and walk to work instead of taking the subway, metro or bus. If walking is not an option and you regularly drive to work, try sharing a ride with a co-worker.
4. Return a recent purchase: If you are having a buyer remorse, take a look at the return policy of the item you purchased and return it. Most stores will allow you to return an item for store credit even if its out of their published return policy
5. Get the rate lowered on your credit card: if you are carrying a balance on your credit card, call your credit card company and ask them to lower your rate. You can say you have a good balance transfer offer but you would prefer to stay with the current company citing loyalty to the firm.
6. Consolidate your loans using peer to peer lending: If you have multiple loans that you are trying to pay off, consider consolidating them using a peer to peer lending service like Lending Club and Prosper. One of the most popular reasons people take loans on these sites is to consolidate loans and simplify their debt repayment process.
7. List your old items on craigslist: Everyone has old items sitting around that will probably never be used. Why not sell those on craigslist and convert them to cash that you can use. To sell items effectively on craigslist be sure to list the details correctly and add pictures. Don’t be too greedy for the price you can get. if you list a price that is too high, you will not be able to sell the item.
8. Put on a sweater and lower the thermostat: With the heater already turned up in some parts of the country, try lowering the thermostat and wearing warmer clothes. It may take a couple of hours to adjust but once you do, you will have a way to save money everyday.
9. Call your internet company: Call your internet company and ask for a lower rate. Companies like Comcast have gotten smarter over the period of last few years and make it difficult for you to get lower rates but keep trying. I was successful in negotiating my rate to half after three attempts ( which took about 15 minutes combined).
10. Cancel your subscriptions: If you have recurring subscriptions that you paying for and not using; cancel them or put them on a hold. You can put nearly all subscriptions on hold.